EVENT CHANGES FOR 2018-19
DECA Inc. Board of Directors approved the following changes to DECA’s Competitive Events Program effective 2018-2019.
1. The Written Entry Presentation Guidelines will no longer include the list of allowable items. Participants in written events may bring any visual aids that adhere to the following guidelines. Only visual aids that can be easily hand carried to the presentation by the actual participant(s) will be permitted. The participants themselves must set up the visuals. Wheeled carts, moving straps or similar items may not be used to bring visuals into the area. Set up time is included in the total presentation time. Participants must furnish their own materials and equipment. No electrical power or internet connection will be supplied. Alternate power sources such as small generators are not allowed. Sound may be used, as long as the volume is kept at a conversational level.
2. The Written Entry Checklist will be renamed to the Penalty Point Checklist, with a few modifications. The most notable is that written content no longer must be double-spaced, but all written events must be printed single-sided. As a result of deleting the double-spacing requirement, the maximum number of pages changes for all events. All current 30-page projects change to a maximum of 20 pages; all current 5- and 11-page projects change to a maximum of 10 pages.
3. The Marketing Representative Events, comprised of Advertising Campaign, Fashion Merchandising Promotion Plan and Sports and Entertainment Marketing Promotion Plan, will be restructured into the Integrated Marketing Campaign Events. The Integrated Marketing Campaign Events will be comprised of three events/categories: product (IMCP), service (IMCS) and event (IMCE). Participants will create an integrated marketing campaign for a product, service or event of their choice. Participants in the three events will take the marketing career cluster exam.
4. The evaluation forms for the Professional Selling and Consulting Events will see a few changes in wording for items 8, 11 and 13.
5. DECA will pilot an online submission for one Chapter Team Event written entry at the International Career Development Conference no later than the 2020 ICDC.